It is the philosophy of this school that early childhood should be a time of discovery, exploration, security, warmth and fun.
Our curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate, while integrating Christian principals. Child-directed and teacher-supported learning and play are essential parts of our program. Children enjoy an environment rich with concrete exploration and socializing opportunities.
We provide stimulating learning activities, field trips, chapel time, music time, an introduction to Spanish and Sign Language along with individual and cooperative play environments in order to meet the unique needs of each child.
Young children are creative and receptive; this program strives to nurture and encourage these qualities in our students as they begin their educational journey.
Planned within the framework of our philosophy and purpose, the curriculum includes:
- Sharing and conversation time
- Community guest appearances
- Chapel time
- Songs and fingerplays
- Music time
- Creative art projects
- Games and large muscle activities
- Beginning Sign Language
- Small muscle development
- Science/nature activities
- Community service projects
- Field trips
- Celebration of birthdays/holidays
- Reading skill development
- Exposure to numbers and letters
- Exposure to early developmental concepts