Our Mission Know and Be Loved
That our children know and reflect the love of Jesus Christ through education, compassion and action.
Planned within the framework of our philosophy and purpose, the curriculum aligned with common core includes:
Math-Abeka and Hands-On
Whole Language for Reading, Phonics, Writing and Spelling
Music & PE
Chapel: Character Traits
Daily Bible Lessons~ Purposeful Design
The curriculum is taught using traditional methods, hands-on activities and thematic units. Our goal will be to meet and exceed these educational goals while also providing a strong spiritual foundation for each individual child. Provided within the school week we will offer Spanish, Music and P.E., all taught by qualified, experienced teachers. Lessons will be adjusted for each child’s specific needs. OSCE is and will be a place where children gather for interesting, engaging learning opportunities. We offer a clean, safe, loving environment.
Parent-teacher conferences are offered twice a year. Open, honest conversations will provide the parents insight into their child’s educational, and emotional progress. We will work as a team for your child’s benefit.
Parent participation will be required for all full-day students. It is our belief that a child benefits, emotionally and educationally when a parent makes an investment of time at the child’s school. Opportunities to volunteer will be offered throughout the year.
Monday – Friday 5 Day program
Option 1: Half Day 8:45 – 11:45 am
Option 2: Full Day 8:45 – 3:00pm
Monday-Thursday 4 Day Program 8:45am-1:00pm
1 adult for every 10 children
OSCE generally follows the school year calendar adopted by the Salem-Keizer Public Schools. However, staff in-service and conference times may vary. The school year starts in September and concludes in early-June.
School Supply Lists (2019-2020)
Statement of Faith
The following comprises Our Savior’s Christian Elementary’s Statement of Faith. We believe:
- The Bible, all 66 books, is the inspired and authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the Virgin Birth and the Deity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God.
- In the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross which made atonement for the sins of all who repent and believe.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, which ensures the resurrection of all believers who have received God’s gift of eternal life.
- In the imminent, visible, and bodily return of Christ on earth to set up His kingdom and to judge the world in righteousness.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells all who receive Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
We believe in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives and in our world. God’s Spirit works in us to lead us to faith in Jesus Christ and changes our hearts and minds as the Holy Spirit opens God’s word to us. God’s spirit fills our lives with the very presence of God, giving us love, joy, and peace to sustain and renew us in all circumstances. In response to all that God has done for us, the Holy Spirit moves us to offer our lives as “living sacrifices” (Romans 12:1), freely giving of our time, talents, and possessions to help others. We believe that we are to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone through word and deed, “so all might know Christ’s love.”
At Our Savior’s Christian Elementary, we teach biblical truth from the NIV.
Immunization Information: www.shotcare.com/FacilityStatus/Details/13