Our primary goal at OSCE is to provide students with a Christ-centered education and to equip them to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our curriculum is chosen and taught with this in mind, drawing all learning back to a Biblical worldview. We strive to honor each child’s individual skills by providing them with learning opportunities at their level. Children are taught to problem-solve, think critically and work both collaboratively and independently depending on the situation. Teachers work closely together to ensure that grade level topics build upon each other and to ensure that all students’ needs are met. Teachers are qualified and participate in regular professional development and staff meetings. All staff are evaluated on a regular basis so that students may be guaranteed a high quality education.
Student: Teacher Ratios are 10:1 for kindergarten, with a full-time aide in each class. Grades 1-5 are 20:1. Support from teacher assistants will be provided based on class size.
- Bible: ACSI Purposeful Design, K-5 Chapel
- Reading/Writing: Benchmark Literacy, Fundations phonics
- Mathematics: Saxon
- Handwriting: A Reason for Handwriting
- Science & Social Studies: Mystery Science, Get Oregonized, Teacher-created units
- Field Trips
- Christmas and Spring Programs
- Community Service Opportunities: At least twice yearly
- Extra-Curricular: Run Club (Preschool-5th), Coding Club (3rd-5th)
For more detailed academic information, please see the following documents.